It’s Wednesday and I have no posts this week. Why? I usually would say it’s because I’m lazy, but I’m not lazy, I’m just easily distracted. Here is what I have been distracted with this week:
- Son L was sick on Sunday and still is. Staying home from pre-school. Was up all night with him and working on about 3 hours of sleep. Take him to the doctor and decided to stop at the store on the way home because we needed milk.
- Started laundry and went upstairs to start on a blog post. Found the footprints I did with the kids to make butterfly footprints (future post!) in a stack of papers and decided I better finish those up first.
- L is hungry. This is a good sign since his tummy has been hurting so I go downstairs to make him something to eat.
- Realize I haven’t paid the bills so I grab the folder I store unpaid bills in and head upstairs to my computer and get them paid.
- L is finished with lunch and now needs to take a nap. This requires me rocking him and then sitting there until I know he is alseep. Finally! Now I can get something done.
- Realize I haven’t eaten lunch so I head downstairs to get something to eat. Turn on the tv and see what I have dvr’d that I can watch while I eat.
- Back upstairs to work on a blog post. Stare at the screen. See my “home book” that I started six months ago and think I should get that finished. Shuffle some papers around.
- L is up. Back downstairs to get him something to drink and cuddle a little bit. See my camera and go back upstairs with it so I can download the pictures from A’s softball game over the weekend.
- Looked at pictures on a photo sharing site and decided to move all my digital pictures from Dot Photo, Snapfish, etc., to a central location. See, I even get distracted with where I put my photos; they are all over the place.
- Time to meet A’s bus after school. Help with homework. Start dinner. Eat dinner.
- Daughter A has another softball game this evening. Sit in the car while she plays because it is windy and cold and L is still sick.
- Get pulled over by the sheriff in the parking lot for parking in a no parking zone. Apparently you can’t do that even if you are sitting in the car with a sick kid. Apparently the sheriff doesn’t care that my little boy needs to be close to a bathroom and there are no open spaces available near the bathroom.
- Now I’m mad….yell at A to hurry up and get in the car before the sheriff decides I’m sitting in one place too long.
- Kids in bed, I collapse from exhaustion.
- L home again. Today he is much better and is in the playroom watching Disney channel and playing with his trains. Now I can get something done.
- Upstairs on the computer looking for a part-time job. Apply for a few. Now I can focus on a post for the blog.
- See the butterfly footprints again and decide I need to paint the bodies of the butterfly. Yesterday’s work on the foot print butterflies only involved moving them from one location to the other.
- Lunch time. Nap time for L!
- I could post about this “home book” but I need to seriously get it done first so I better work on it now. I get most of it put together. Have to make a few more pages and print them.
- Go downstairs to the printer and see daughter A’s school pictures on the table. I need to make a decision on which ones I’m going to purchase. Then I look at them again because my girl is so pretty.
- Go back upstairs completely forgetting to pick up the papers I printed. Realize it is time to meet A’s bus.
- Snack, homework, dinner.
- Play Just Dance on the Wii with the kids. Time to get L ready for bed. Tuck A in. Too tired to work on a post.
So here we are on Wednesday and I’m posting about not posting for two days. I definitely need to practice on focusing on one thing at at time and finishing things before I start something else. I need structure in my day. I’m going to come up with a schedule for my days. When to work out, when to work on my blog, when to look for a job, when to work on projects, etc.
I still need to pick up those pages I printed but I hear the mailman so I’m going to check the mail first……..